Acupuncture San Jose
Acupuncture is an ancient form of Chinese medicine that involves inserting acupuncture needles into the skin at specific points on the body to achieve a therapeutic effect. Acupuncture is virtually painless. Tiny needles about the size of a shaft of hair are used to stimulate points on the body. They are pre sterilized, one time use disposable needles. Many people report a feeling of deep relaxation during the treatment and improved energy after.
Acupuncture needles stimulate tissue and cellular biochemical defense mechanisms and helps to reduce local inflammation and relieve pain. Acupuncture stimulates the body to produce its own pain-relieving chemicals called endorphins, also known as anti-stress hormones.
Acupuncture points have different electrical potentials than other areas of the body. Research suggests that acupuncture, on one level, works by affecting electrical conduction in the body. It seems clear that there are systemic effects, modulating the body to a state of balance.
Acupuncture is also often used as a preventative medicine. Many people see their acupuncturist only 2-4 times a year for a “tune up” or “balancing” treatment. This can prevent disease and promote health, energy and vitality.
- Eye, Ear, Nose, Throat Disorders: Sinusitis, Sore Throat, Hay Fever, Earache, Ringing in the Ears, Dizziness
- Circulatory Disorders: High Blood Pressure, Angina Pectoris
- Gastrointestinal Disorders: Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Colitis, Constipation, Diarrhea, Ulcers, Gastritis, Abdominal Bloating, Hemorrhoids
- Gynecological / Genitourinary Disorders: Premenstrual Syndrome (PMS), Irregular, Heavy or Painful Menstruation, Endometriosis, Menopause, Fibroids,Chronic Bladder Infection, Complications in Pregnancy, Morning Sickness, Kidney Stones, Infertility in Men and Women, Sexual Dysfunction
- Immune Disorders: Candida, Chronic Fatigue, Epstein Barr Virus, Allergies, Lupus, MS
- Emotional and Psychological Disorders: Anxiety, Insomnia, Depression, Stress
- Musculoskeletal and Neurological Disorders: Arthritis, Neuralgia, Sciatica, Back Pain, Bursitis, Tendonitis, Stiff Neck, Bell’s Palsy, Trigeminal Neuralgia, Headaches and Migraines, Stroke, Cerebral Palsy, Sprains, Muscle Spasms, Shingles
- Respiratory Disorders: Asthma, Emphysema, Bronchitis, Colds and Flus
- Acupuncture Also Treats: Chemotherapy/Radiation Side Effects, Diabetes, Dermatological Disorders, Weight Control
Your Acupuncture San Jose Appointment
First appointments are typically 60 to 90 minutes. The acupuncture treatment is 30 to 45 minutes depending upon the individual. All treatments are given on a massage table. At Balance Point Natural Medicine all treatments take place in serene rooms, ensuring privacy and a relaxing atmosphere.
The number of treatments required depends on the individual and the condition being treated. For acute problems, only a few treatments may be required. In some cases, one treatment is enough. For complex or long-standing conditions, one or two treatments a week for several weeks may be recommended, with less frequent treatments necessary as improvement occurs.
Oriental medicine is an educational process in which you become more aware of your own body, increasing your ability to maintain well being. Your attitude, diet, determination and lifestyle will affect the outcome of your treatment. Depending on your lifestyle, regular weekly or monthly treatments can keep both body and mind in balance.
If you have any questions regarding one of our Acupuncture San Jose services please contact us today! 408-357-3422